As in previous years, Network Rail will be taking advantage of the quieter period on our railways to undertake major engineering work, this will result in major rail disruption on some routes.
Over the coming holiday period, a 25,000-strong workforce will carry out more than £148m of vital upgrades across Britain. It is part of the multi-billion pound Railway Upgrade Plan representing the biggest investment programme in the railways since Victorian times. Over the last twenty years, train usage has doubled, as a result our railways are Europe’s most congested.
Christmas 2018 Rail Disruption
The following major improvement works will be undertaken during Christmas and into the New Year:
- Victoria – closure of all routes between London Victoria and Clapham Junction
- Paddington – all lines closed on 23, 24 and 30 December
- Liverpool Street / Stratford – closure of a number of lines over the Christmas period
- Euston – a reduced service will operate on most routes to and from the station
- St Pancras International – a reduced service will operate to / from the station and buses between Bedford and Kettering
- Liverpool Lime Street – a reduce service will operate / from the station with many trains running on a diversionary route
To find details of ALL the railway engineering works taking place, please click here.
To find out more about your rights if a train changes, please check here.