The Seychelles is one of the most sought-after honeymoon destinations in the world. It’s no wonder, secluded white beaches, perfect snorkelling and rare sea turtles.
About the Seychelles
The Seychelles comprises of 115 islands about 930 miles off of East Africa in the Indian Ocean. Only 15 of the islands are inhabited. It is a former British colony, independence was gained as recently as 1976, English is widely spoken. Since independence, tourism and service industries have expanded. Now it has one of the highest capita per income in Africa.
Victoria, the capital is the largest city, as the entire population is only 100,000, crowding is not an issue.
Why choose the Seychelles?
- Opportunity to island hop
- Exceptional eco-tourism with opportunities to see exotic plant and animal life up close
- Luxurious resorts including a number of exclusive private islands
- Nicknamed the ‘islands of love’
- Climate consistently warm without extremes, the temperature rarely drops below 24°C or rises above 32°C
- With the exception of the most remote southern islands, the Seychelles lies safely outside the cyclone belt making it the perfect year round destination for sunshine seekers
- The rainy season is between January and February
- From May to September you can expect drier, cooler weather and livelier seas